Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Under the Weather

The entire Dietrich household is sick. We all have colds. Kids produce so much snot, it's ridiculous. But, it didn't stop us from going to a playgroup this morning. It was at a park, so I figured we probably wouldn't expose anyone. It was a beautiful day and we met some very nice families. The playgroup is a part of the Newcomers Group I recently joined. There are a few more events I'd like to attend this month. I'm excited to have this resource, especially during the winter months when it's so hard to get out a do things.

Ella will be starting a "Pre-3" preschool class on Friday mornings, from 9:00 until 11:00. She misses the September 1st cut-off to start 3K, but this program was created especially for these types of situations. She will also be starting the preschool curriculum at Ms. Linda's, beginning next week. Based on what we see now, we think Ella will be ready for Kindergarten starting in September of 2011. She would start Kindergarten as a 4 year old, but would turn 5 21 days later. Our school district has special testing if parents want their children to start Kindergarten, even if they miss the September 1st cut-off date. But, it's a long ways off, and things could change. There are so many differing opinions about this subject, it's quite overwhelming. So, I'm just going to enjoy my time at home with her for now!

Despite being sick, Nate has been pretty much sleeping through the night. We've come so far with that! I think back to when we was only a few months old, and can just remember the sheer exhaustion. Those first few months were a roller coaster ride for sure! I wouldn't take back a minute of it.

Our diet is going very well! You may have noticed the weight-loss ticker on my left side-bar. I'm down about 4 or 5 pounds. Joe and I have kept each other going and I'm very proud of us. We've been taking walks almost every evening, and let me tell you, pushing that double jogging stroller adds a nice upper body work-out! We've tried some great new recipes that even I like!
(For those of you who don't know, I'm kind of a picky eater.) The best part is that I don't really feel hungry. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself at all, which makes it all the more easy to stick with the plan.

Enough about us! My very good friend, Christine, told me the most exciting news the other day. Click here to find out! God is great!!! Christine and I have been friends since early high school. We ran cross-country together and were co-captains of the team our senior year. She has an adorable little boy, who turned one this past March. They live all the way across the country, in Seattle, so we don't see each other nearly enough. Luckily, we can keep up to date through our blogs. She was my inspiration to start blogging, ya know. I am so thrilled beyond words for Christine and her family!

Head on over to my friend April's blog to enter a give-away! And then, while you're doing that, check out her new blog store, where she is selling the cutest hats and headbands for little ones! And plus, you can check out my kids striking a pose!

Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Liz!



1 comment:

Sunny said...

Ugh, I am sorry you guys are all sick! Yes, the snot is the worst. It's truly unbelievable! I hope it clears up fast. I'm glad it didn't stop you from meeting the other families from the Newcomers Group.

Way to go on the weight loss!! Ironically, now that I am supposed to be gaining, I can hardly look at food. It's going to be a long 7ish months.

Thanks for the kind words. :) I wish we lived closer, and not just so that I can pawn the twins off on you and take a shower. Although I certainly would. ;)