Friday, September 25, 2009

Updates and Such...

Ella had her 3 year old check-up the other day, and surprise surprise, she is still in the 95th percentile for height and weight. I mean, really...where does she get her height? She continues to meet all of her developmental milestones and the pediatrician had no concerns. He didn't really have any suggestions for the night terrors. He basically said they could go away tomorrow and when she's in third grade. Super. My poor kid wont be able to have sleep-overs because she'll be screaming in her sleep, freaking out all of the other kids! Let's hope she grows out of it quickly. She hasn't had one for a while now. Crap...I'm sure I just jinxed myself. But, she has been going to bed very nicely lately. I make a chart with three circles on it, and Ella puts it on her door. If she goes to bed without crying and getting out of her room, she gets a sticker the next morning. When she gets three stickers, she gets a treat. Ella likes to pick chocolate chips as her reward. Whatever. Ella is doing very well at preschool and she is learning letter recognition at Ms. Linda's. Ella also said her first swearword while in the bathtub the other night. She dropped one of her toys and yelled out, "Dammit!" I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. Joe and I have tried so hard to not swear in front of the kids, and for the most part, we've done a great job. Well, if you know Ella, you know that she has a great memory. So, Joe or I probably said the word one time, and she picked up on it. She hasn't said it since though, so hopefully she wont bust it out at preschool today. Oh the embarrassment!


Nathan is doing great as well. He goes to bed like an angel, and he pretty much sleeps through the night. It's not 100% consistent yet, but we're getting close! It's about time, dammit. I mean... He's pulling himself up to stand and is starting to cruise along the furniture. He's eating "big people" food for the most part. I still give him baby veggies and fruit if what we're having is too hard for him to chew. He is also starting to stand all by himself! The other day he stood, without holding onto anything, for almost 25 seconds! I can't kiss him enough!

Joe has lost 20 pounds! It's definitely starting to show, most noticeably in his face. All of his pants are getting too loose, to the point that he can pull them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I have lost about 9 pounds. I can't really tell much of a difference, except for maybe my pants and shorts fitting a little looser as well. I hope to lose about 5 or 6 more pounds and then work to maintain that weight. We've been consistently working out and eating healthy, with good portion control and moderation. We haven't been to a fast-food restaurant in over a month. We are really proud of each other and of ourselves!

The kids and I meet some Newcomers folks for apple picking the other morning. Ella thought it was great and now thinks it's really cool to eat an apple whole...without mommy having to cut it up and remove the skin. We're meeting with Newcomers next week as well for an indoor playroom outing and then lunch afterwards. I'm really glad I joined this group!

I teach my first Sunday school class this Sunday. It will be me, a parent volunteer, and about 15 Kindergartners. Whoa. Wish me luck!




2 comments:

Sunny said...

Hooray for the weight loss! Twenty pounds and nine pounds are AWESOME!! We're resigned to be fatties over here for a while longer. You can give us tips down the road. :)

Congrats on a good check-up for Ella! Three, wow. She's really growing up.

April said...

Yay! I gave you an award for your blog :) Check out my post