Sunday, October 25, 2009

How'd He Do That?

When Ella yelled out to me, "Mommy, how'd he get up there?" I wasn't quite sure what I was going to find. Apparently, Nate has learned how to get on top of his train table. Let the climbing adventures begin! See how proud he is?



We had a busy week! Ella went to the pumpkin farm with her daycare and picked out a lovely pumpkin. Through Newcomers, the Kidclub section held a Halloween Scavenger Hunt. We walked on a nature trail in the area and found all sorts of treasures! Gourds, pumpkins, corn, apples...everything Autumn! (Someone had hidden these items ahead of time, in case you didn't already figure that out.) After the scavenger hunt, we went back to the host's house and let all the kids play together for a while. I am so glad I joined this group. We've done lots of fun things with the kids, and I've also enjoyed the Ladies Night Out events. I learned how to play Bunko!


Nathan has been fighting a cold for the past week, and then yesterday spiked a pretty high fever and has been coughing. He's been waking up a few times during the night because of it, but can generally put himself back to sleep. Ella spiked a fever on Thursday night, seemingly right during her last dance class. She stayed home from Preschool on Friday and then Friday night it turned into Croup. She sounds like a barking seal when she coughs. Poor thing. Unfortunately, Ella and Joe had to stay home and miss our Godson's 1st birthday party. April put together such a nice party. The theme was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and she made all of the decorations by hand. Nathan was beginning to get a fever, so he was super cranky and clingy. He was perfect for the long car ride however! Here's a shot of the birthday boy and his parents:




We have lots of fun things ahead of us in the next few weeks. My parents are coming into town this Thursday so Joe and I can take off for the weekend. My friend Kelly, from high school, is getting married to Tom in Indiana this Saturday, the 31st. And no, it is not a Halloween themed wedding! We are leaving Friday evening and staying with some friends in Chicago before heading to the wedding on Saturday. The weekend after that, we are heading back to Appleton to stay with Paul and April. April invited me to see "Rent" with her on November 7th. It will be my 3rd time seeing "Rent" and I couldn't be more excited! Plus, April and I will have some baby-free time together, so we can actually talk to each other. Amazing concept, huh?

2 comments:

April said...

Baby free time - what is THAT?!?

Poor guy, I hope the fever goes and stays away. He seems to have one frequently, huh?

Seems as though his climbing didn't stop with the step to the family room LOL That's is funny!!

Audreee said...

Oh my!!! He is climbing. Mine just started too. Isn't it wonderful? (I'm being sarcastic)