Thursday, October 30, 2008

Success!


I can't tell you what has been going on the past few days...I have been so sleep deprived, sometimes I don't even know what day it is. We're still trying to figure out our little guy...does he like to be swaddled? Does he like the bassinet or the crib? Does he think we're doing a good job? :) Ella slept pretty good early on. Nathan...not so much. He eats then gets fussy if he doesn't burp. He wakes up 10 minutes after I put him down. Some nights I got less than 3 hours of sleep! Makes it hard to chase around a very active 2 year old!
Nathan had his 2 week check-up and he's doing well. 8 pounds, 4.5 ounces, 21 inches. He goes back at 6 weeks.
We enjoyed taking Ella to the community Halloween Party ( see Snapfish) and going to a few houses for Trick or Treating. Ella was a cheatah and Nathan was a monkey.
Back to the title of this post...we had a very successful night last night. Seems like Nathan DOES like to be swaddled, very tightly, likes his crib over the bassinet in our room, and told me we ARE doing a good job. (Okay, made up the last one.) He slept 3 hours, then fed, slept 2 hours then fed, then slept almost 2.5-3 hours again. It was heaven! I hadn't gotten that much sleep in days! So, I think we'll be okay. :) We'll see what happens tonight...













1 comment:

Sunny said...

I'm glad he slept better for you last night! We've been having tons of night wakings around here, too. Last night we went 2.5-3 hours between wakings and it was nice. I'm hoping we can get back to him sleeping from bedtime (7 pm) to at least 3 am again. Here's a thought -- are you taking a lot of caffeine for your headache? That has to be affecting the little man.