Monday, July 6, 2009

Scrubs (and a recap of the weekend, of course)

Scrubs...the hilarious TV show? No. The awesome song by TLC, popular roughly 10 years ago? Nope. What I do to my floors on a regular basis? Absolutely not! Scrubs...my work attire. They are ugly, unflattering, and expensive! Ella asks me why I'm going to work in my pajamas, and I think they make everyone look like they are always 5 months pregnant. (Okay, maybe not the guys, but they're not any more flattering on them.) There are some good things about scrubs, believe it or not. I don't have to think very hard about what I'm going to wear, which is quite helpful when your 9 month old still doesn't sleep through the night. They are comfortable. I think that's it. I'll let you know if I discover anymore positives. Randomness aside...

Super fun weekend! Ella came home on Friday. I didn't realize how much I missed her until she was back in the house. I think she grew taller in the 5 days that she was gone. I think her vocabulary expanded as well. She continues to say the funniest things...one of her favorites being, "Tell me about it, Mom." (Or Dad, or Grandma, or...you get the idea.) So I'll try to tell her about whatever she's asking about, but it's never good enough, because she'll say, "No, I mean, tell me what happens next." There's really only so much I can come up with as to why cats poop in a box rather than the toilet, ya know? She's a riot! Joe and I took her to the New Berlin 4th of July celebration, which included a small carnival. Ella went on 2 rides and it was the cutest thing to watch. She was having a blast! I didn't have my camera with me, unfortunately.

We went to the New Berlin parade on Saturday. Joe's parents and his sister Liz, along with her husband Brian and kiddos, Dylan and Henry, joined us. We had great seats and the kids came home with a huge bag of candy. I mean, like Halloween amounts of candy. I saw kids arriving to the parade with bags, just for that purpose. Oh, and when did parades become so popular that people stake out areas on the curb, with rope and everything?
Everyone came back to our house after the parade for a BBQ. We got attacked by mosquitoes. Poor Ella looks like she has some sort of disease on her back, from all of the bites. (Note to self: put bug spray on your children at all times apparently.) Here's a link to my latest Snapfish album, with many more pictures from the weekend: http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=851364002/a=18495995_18495995/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
Sunday brought even more fun and excitement. My nephew, Dylan, turned 5 years old! It seems like just yesterday that Joe and I would babysit him every Thursday evening. I so looked forward to those nights. It was after spending so much time with Dylan, that Joe and I decided to start a family of our own. My nephew has gone from adorable baby

to big boy Kindergartner in the fall


Where has the time gone?

I got to spend a little time with my other nephew, Harry, who is just about 5 months old. He is changing so much. We don't get to see him as much, since they live in Green Bay, so every time we do see him, he looks much different. We are going to visit Joe's sister Julia, and her husband Greg, in Green Bay in 3 weeks, so I will get lots and lots of Harry time. I can't wait!
I'd now like to share a really funny picture of our cat, Whisper. She's a long-haired cat and absolutely hates to be brushed. Despite our best efforts (or rather Joe's best efforts), she continues to get nasty matted fur, and every 2 years or so, needs to be shaved. It's called a "Lion Cut." She has to be given anesthesia in order for it to be completed, since she would freak out otherwise, and probably have a heart attack. So here she is...our little beauty.

And finally, I have made a big decision. I think I'm going to grow my hair out. I've had it short for quite some time now, and I think I'm ready for a longer style. I miss being able to pull it back. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably change my mind.


4 comments:

Sunny said...

I used to wish I could wear scrubs to work. They look so COMFY! And the various cartoon character themes... one day you're in a Bugs Bunny mood, and the next it's Mickey Mouse. And when you wear the solid blue ones and leave the hospital, everyone thinks you are a doctor, so you can make stuff up and people believe you.

But now that I'm a SAHM, I look like... well, a scrub.

April said...

Poor Whisper!! LOL

Millennium Housewife said...

My friends sleep in their scrubs! V comfy and decent attire should the doorbell go early in the morning.

Audreee said...

BWAHAHAHA at the cat!