Monday, June 22, 2009

If You Say So

Ella and Nathan accompanied me to Walmart last week. Ella asked me if she could walk, instead of riding in the cart. My immediate thought was, "Hell no!" But then I realized I should probably give her a chance. So I did, and she actually did okay. At one point, Ella picked up a large package of Snickers and asked if we could buy them. My immediate thought was, "Hell yeah!" But then I realized I should be a responsible parent, so I had to say "no." After going back and forth a few times, she did finally listen and put them back, after saying, without skipping a beat, "If you say so mom." Just imagine a two and a half year old saying that! I couldn't help but start laughing! Ella says the funniest things and makes me smile several times a day!


Ella is getting to the point where some days she naps and some days she doesn't. I have started to implement "rest time" where Ella has to play quietly in her room for an hour or so. A few days ago, I went up to check on Ella, just to make sure she hadn't gotten into anything too crazy in her room. Imagine my surprise when I discovered her in her bed, all covered up, fast asleep! I guess that day was a nap day.
Nathan has 5 teeth, with another one about to pop through. He sits up like a champ and is really pushing up on his arms while on his tummy. He hasn't yet gotten his knees underneath him, so I think we have a little while before he starts crawling. I'm okay with that. Things will get interesting once I have to start chasing him around too! He continues to wake up once during the night to eat. I'm still nursing when I'm home with him and then he gets formula when he's at Ms. Linda's. I just couldn't keep up with the pumping anymore. It does seem like Nathan is sick more than he is healthy, so did my antibodies from breast milk do anything for him? He just finished up a round of antibiotics for a possible sinus infection. He is healthy right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed that he stays healthy for at least a week! Otherwise, he is a very happy baby. He is so quick to smile and laugh.

It's been feeling like summer around here for the past few days. We filled up the pool and had a blast swimming this afternoon. Joe decided to join in on the fun as well.

Here are some pictures and a short video from this afternoon






















3 comments:

April said...

I can't believe all the teeth!! Crazy! Jax just has his 2nd one poking through on the bottom now... boy is he EVER letting me know it too!

Audreee said...

I love the pool pics!
Ella sounds like a little character. I'm glad the "out of cart" experience went okay.

amw said...

I love the pictures! Those babies are precious! It was so good to visit with you. I love keeping up with your life since you aren't here. Love you! AA :-)