Friday, September 10, 2010

Updates Galore!

I thought I was going to be better about blogging, but turns out, I'm not.  I'm trying my best though.  I wanted to post a few pictures and give a little update on what's been going on with us over the past few weeks. 

As we speak, Nathan is fighting his nap.  He fights going down for a nap and going to bed at night.  He's going to be 2 years old in a month...I really thought his sleeping habits were going to be so much better by now.  Silly me!  He did get his haircut today and looks like a handsome little man.

We went to the Appleton area twice to visit our friends Paul and April, and our Godson Jackson.  Once just to visit, and the second time for an early birthday party for Jackson.  Jackson turns 2 right after Nathan, but...Jackson is going to be a big brother any day now, and his mommy wanted his birthday party to be all about him, not all about his new baby sister.  Good plan!


We then headed over to Green Bay to visit Joe's sister Julia, her husband Greg, and our nephew Harry, who will be 2 this February.  The cousins had a blast playing together!  We took the kids to Bay Beach, an old-time amusement park with tons of kiddie rides.  What fun!



Some college friends (who happen to be responsible for Joe and I meeting) came to visit and brought their 1 year old daughter Natalia, or Talia for short.  Our other college friends joined us as well, and we managed to get some great pictures!





Ella started 3K at Blessed Savior Lutheran Preschool, which is right up the road from our house.  She was so excited to wear her backpack, and even picked out her outfit that day.  We would like her to start Kindergarten next year, but she wont be 5 by September 1st, which is the rule for our school district.  (She'll turn five 20 days later!)  We do have the option of getting her tested, and if she passes all of the tests, she could start early.  Otherwise, she will go to Blessed Savior next year for 4K and start Kindergarten when she is 5, almost 6 years old.  I'm fine with either...I just think she'll be ready.  I guess we'll let the professionals decide!

1st day of 3K...strike a pose!



What did you do on Labor Day this year???  We went BOWLING!!!  Ella and Nathan both seemed to have a good time and even did a good job waiting their turn.



Nathan is beginning to put 2 and 3 words together and repeats almost everything we say.  My favorite word that he says lately is, "Delicious."  He says it at appropriate times and it is just too cute!  He knows is colors and most of his shapes.  I'm pretty sure his sister might have something to do with that!

As for me, I will be teaching Sunday School again this year, which starts up in the next few weeks.  I am also Vice-President of Suburban West Newcomers (see picture in the left-hand column above, with link) and co-chair of Kidsclub, which is a part of Newcomers. 

Needless to say, I have my hands full.  I like it though.


4 comments:

April said...

Busy busy busy!! I love that photo of the kids with Harry. Harry almost looks bigger than Nathan :P Nate's smile is so cute!

I would guess Ella will be ready for kindergarten in Sept. She is only 20 days shy, and will be about 340 days OLDER the following year. DO you think you will test her anyways to see? How did she like school? How often does she have it?

The Blackburn Buzz said...

Glad you are back to blogging!

Love all the pics! And, Ella's back-to-school pic is sooooo adorable! :)

stacey moore said...

AWESOME BLOG ALLISON!! so jealous you have time this. Great way to keep everyone updated!! I love all the pictures!! I hope to see you soon. It has been great getting to know you over the years and even better being able to bond with our kids =)

stacey moore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.