Monday, September 20, 2010

Ella's Big Birthday Weekend

Ella turns 4 on September 22nd, so we celebrated this past weekend.  This was the first year that we threw a "friend" party for her.  So on Saturday, at 9:00am (I know, early, but WAY CHEAPER!) twelve children, ranging in ages between 3 and 5 years old, joined us at Pump It Up.  It was very organized and all the kids seemed to enjoy themselves.  They bounced and played for an hour, and then moved into the party room for cake and presents.  Ella did a great job with thanking everyone and using her manners.  I was very proud of her.






 The fun continued on Sunday with Ella's family birthday party.  I tried my hand at making her cake this year, and I think it came out pretty well.  I just used cupcakes and reused the Princess figurines from the store-made cake.


A funny conversation took place between Ella and my mom (Gigi):
Ella: What did YOU get me today?
Gigi: Well, remember, we got you that trampoline as an early birthday present.
Ella:  No, I mean, what did you get me TODAY?
Gigi:  Well, we gave you money to put towards your college fund.  I know you don't know what that means right now.
Ella: But I didn't want THAT!

Someday she will appreciate her college education, partially funded by her Gigi and Papa!

We managed to get a group shot of the cousins, plus Ella and Nathan's sorta-cousin, Jackson, as Ella calls him.

We were so happy that "Uncle" Paul and Jackson made the trip, even though Auntie April just had baby Jaelyn on the 14th!  Nate was happy to play with his buddy!


And finally, Joe and I snuck away this afternoon to go and meet baby Jaelyn.  She is the most precious little peanut.  So tiny and cute.  I got my baby fix for a while, but I'll need to hold her again soon, that's for sure!  I am so happy for Paul, April and Jackson!






6 comments:

Sunny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!!!!!! Bean loves those bouncy places, I am thinking of doing one for his 3rd birthday party. :)

I just got your card today, thank you for thinking of me. It made me smile. :) You are so sweet!

The Blackburn Buzz said...

So bummed that we had to miss the party. Looks like a fun time!

And, great job on the cake! Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. cool, quite fascinating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://chun.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,274/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

This is a helpful suggestion.. scholarships

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing us informative entries.

financial help