Friday, March 12, 2010

Funny Face

I wanted to share a quick video of Nathan making his "funny face." It cracks me up every time

I returned from my mini-vacation on Monday. I was SO THRILLED when my Dad picked me up from the airport and discovered that Ella was waiting for me in the back seat! I was so happy to see her and hug her. When I got home, Nathan was waiting for me and gave me a big hug. I missed my kids so much and was happy to return home, but it was also amazing to get away for a few days and visit my oldest friend. She's not old, we're the same age, but we've been friends since Kindergarten. We've been friends for 25 years!

I flew into Columbus last Thursday evening after work. Andrea picked me up from the airport and we just went back to her house, since it was pretty late. I got to see her house for the first time and I absolutely fell in love with it. It was build in 1907 and has so much charm and character. Her neighborhood and the neighborhoods surrounding hers were adorable! Cobblestone streets, skinny brick houses...I forgot I was in Columbus, Ohio. After getting over my love for her house, and saying hello to her husband Mark, we cracked open a bottle of wine and just chatted for hours. Over the next few days, we got pedicures (see our beautiful toes below), visited the public market, went to the art museum, went shopping, lounged in the hot-tub with champagne, ate too much, drank too much, and slept too much. And it was awesome!!!

I am so lucky that Andrea and I are still friends after all of this time. Check out the picture of us below, circa 1989 or so. Our friend Becky is in the middle.





1 comment:

Sunny said...

So glad you had an awesome trip!! You deserve the time away to just be "Al." And it makes hugs from the kiddos a little more special when you return. :) (Not like I'd know, sadly. I'm just guessing.)