Friday, February 26, 2010

My CVS Deals

Man, did I have fun this morning! I have been learning all the tricks about shopping at CVS. I've been checking my coupon blogs, looking at the weekly ads, and matching up my coupons with current sales. I just wanted to post a picture of my purchases and break down the cost and savings, so here it goes...

First of all, I have an "Extra Care Card" which gets scanned before every transaction. There are certain products each week that generate Extra Care Bucks, or "ECBs" that can be used like cash on future purchases (which can mean a 2nd transaction that same day...or 2 minutes later, as I did this morning.)

Transaction #1

Clean and Clear Blackhead Scrub $5.50
Clean and Clean Deep Action Cream Cleanser $5.79
Clean and Clear Deep Action Scrub $5.79
Colgate 2in1 Kids Toothpaste $3.29 on sale for $2.99 with card.
Lady Speed Stick $3.49 on sale for $2.99 with card.

Total: $23.06

I had a special coupon I received in my e-mail for $4 off a $20 purchase, so I was able to use that first. I had a coupon for $.75 off Colgate, I had two $2.00 of 1 Clean and Clear, plus I had 2 ECBs generated from my prior visit to CVS 2 weeks ago, which then brought my total down to: $12.31

There was a deal going on to receive $5 ECBs when you purchase $15 worth of Clean and Clear products, which I did, then the Colgate gave back $2 ECBs, and the Lady Speed Stick gave back $2 ECBs as well. So I got $9 ECBs to spend on my next transaction, which I did right away. I just told the cashier I would be doing 2 separate transactions.

Transaction #2

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal $4.29 on sale for $1.99 with card
Bioluxe Shampoo $9.99
Bioluxe Conditioner $9.99

Total: $24.27

There was a Buy One Get One Free for the Bioluxe, so I got both products for only $9.99. I also had a $1 off 1 General Mills cereal, so I got a box of cereal for $.99! Super deal! Then, I used the $9 ECBs I had just generated, which brought my total down to: $2.54. How sweet is that?

So I spent $15.92 total out of pocket for 3 Clean and Clear products, toothpaste, deodorant, a box of cereal, a bottle of shampoo, and a bottle of conditioner. I was pretty pumped, and I think I'll keep getting better at this coupon game!



2 comments:

Candice E. said...

You're right Allison, it is a game!! I love to see how much I can get without spending very much! You're off to a great start!

Audreee said...

I'm impressed!