Thursday, February 25, 2010

They're Here!

My parents have officially moved to Wisconsin! Despite a small snow storm, they were able to get everything moved in on Monday. We went over for dinner on Tuesday and then went home a little while later...from their house. Then we saw them again...the very next day! I'm loving this! It's not sad to say good-bye anymore, because I know I'll see them in the next few days instead of the next month or so.

I've been fighting off a nasty cold, which knocked me on my be-hind yesterday. My parents took Ella over to their house for the afternoon so I could take a nap while Nate napped. I did just that, and it was wonderful! It worked out quite well, seeing that it took Joe TWO HOURS to get home from work last night due to more snow. I can tell that Ella is loving it too. I don't think she quite grasps the fact that "Gigi and Poppa" now live only 7 minutes away and that we can pretty much seem them whenever we want. My mom is so good at finding fun things to do with Ella. I'm pretty sure being a teacher has something to do with it! Here's a picture of my mom and Ella doing one of their many "projects."

Nathan has been sick as well. He's finishing up a course of antibiotics for another ear infection. Our pediatrician gave us the name of an ENT for us to see since Nathan has had several ear infections lately. Ella has an appointment next week with the pediatrician because it seems like she is having a difficult time hearing. I thought at first it was just typical 3 year old behavior...not listening, saying "What?" and "Huh?" constantly. But it seems to be more than that. She doesn't respond very quickly when her name is called and repeats things back incorrectly. I'm hoping it's just fluid in her ears or wax build-up, and it can be fixed easily. It's so frustrating, for both Joe and I, and for Ella.

In one week, I will be flying to Columbus, Ohio to visit my friend Andrea for a few days. She is Ella's Godmother and my oldest friend. We've been friends since we were in Kindergarten. She lived right down the street from me until 5th grade, when she and her family moved to Ohio. We've kept in touch, at first through written letters and phone calls, a few visits here and there, then e-mail. Joe's parents are coming for the weekend to watch the kids and help out Joe. I hope they're ready for some non-stop action! Now that Nathan is running, he and Ella are on the move constantly! Ella is already talking about going out in the snow with Grandpa. I am just thrilled to be able to go and visit Andrea all by myself, so we can actually talk and catch up...and gasp I might even be able to relax a little! I might have to look that word up in the dictionary.

Here's a picture of Ella holding Nathan on her lap. She loves her little brother!






1 comment:

Sunny said...

How exciting that they are finally here! I'm sure that they are just as thrilled to be close to you guys as you are to have them.

Sorry about the colds, we are fighting them here, too. Someone told us it lasts a month. UGH!