Monday, March 22, 2010

Up to Date

It's been a rough week or so, which is why it's been so long since I've updated this blog. Today I was thinking about whether or not I should continue to blog, since I can't seem to find the time to do anything extra these days. But, I think I will continue and just not stress out about it.

Guess who's been sick. Nathan. He has seriously been sick since he was born. This was bad though. For three days, he was throwing up. And I mean really throwing up. He would be fine all day, and then for three days straight, puked in the evening only. He's slowly getting his appetite back, but he has been SO CLINGY and CRANKY. It's to the point where I literally cannot get anything done during the day. The house is a mess, I look like a mess, my emotions are a mess...I'm stressed! My diet has gone out the window this past month and with it, my exercise routine, so of course I've put on a few pounds. I got on the elliptical this evening, but the TV was screwed up and I didn't even have music...so I only stayed on for 15 minutes. I decided to organize my coupons instead. Which, by the way, has nearly cut our grocery/household spending by 50%, according to Joe. Go me! Back to Nate...we go to the ENT tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect. Tubes? Medication? Tests? No idea. I wouldn't be surprised if he has an ear infection right now. Maybe that's why he's so whinny.

The pictures below are from my night away with the girls from Newcomers. We stayed in a condo at Blue Harbor Resort in Sheyboygan, Wisconsin. We had great food, some good laughs, and a full night sleep! We even took advantage of the indoor water park. I'm sure we looked hilarious...8 grown women without children, going down the water slides! Oh well...we had a blast. I always say this, but I'm really glad I joined Newcomers. I have made some great friends and the kids have fun at the Kidsclub events.


I'm anxiously awaiting the news that Christine has had her twins. She has been on bed rest for 11 weeks and just yesterday reached the magical 36 week point. Her bed rest was lifted and she was able to sit upright! I didn't realize she couldn't even sit up in bed. She seriously had to lay almost flat. She is amazing and I can't wait to go visit her family in July. Twins...can you even imagine?
Joe has been working crazy hours, but with the extra money he's pulling in, we are probably going to hire someone to help us finish the basement. With two young kids, it's nearly impossible to complete home improvement projects in a timely manner!
My parents are pretty much all unpacked. Their house looks great, and it's exciting to see what their yard looks like without snow! I am loving having them so close by. Nathan can be heard saying, "Gigi, Papa, Gigi, Papa," over and over again. Ella had her first sleep-over in her "bedroom" at my parents house while I was with the ladies. It's so nice that she can get the one-on-one attention from them, since Nathan makes it very difficult for me to do so. I know once he's a little older, we'll be able to do more activities, but right now it's pretty hard.
Well, on to a new week. I'll update about our ENT appointment in the next few days. But don't hold your breath. :)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I'm sorry it has been such a tough week. :( We all have those times when everything seems to be so difficult. Please cut yourself some slack -- you are an awesome mom and it doesn't really matter if your house is a mess right now. (I promise my house will be an absolute disaster in July!) Nathan needed you, and you were there for him, and that's the most important thing could ever do.

Here's to a great spring -- no sickies and lots of fun outdoor activities!