Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Feel Like...

Screaming.
We found out that the company Joe works for has decided to continue with the high deductible insurance plan, but at a $6,000 cap. And, we found out the Nathan's procedure will cost more like $5,000 + instead of the $3,000 we were originally told. So guess who's going to be paying nearly $6,000 Out. Of. Pocket. That's right...these suckers right here. I don't know about you, but we just don't have an extra $6,000 laying around. Sure, we'll figure it out. I'll pick up some extra shifts, we'll watch our spending, we'll get on a payment plan, we'll sell our plasma...whatever it takes. Okay, maybe not the last one. We'll be fine. But man, does this blow.



3 comments:

Sunny said...

UGH!!! That would be sooo annoying. I'm so sorry! But with the flex spending account... won't you be able to make the claim and get the cash right back, and then it gets taken out of Joe's paychecks slowly throughout the year? I mean, not that it's ideal, but it's less of a hit... plus you won't have to pay taxes on that $6000 of his income?

Sorry if I'm totally wrong about the process, just ignore me. Trying to help, lamely. :P

April said...

Anything short of renting Ella out for manual labor?!? Holy goodness guys! So sorry to hear about this, total bummer! I think the universe already had a place for Joe's extra income :P

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry! Unexpected expenses luck this are horrible! But you should be able to do what Sunny suggested right? It's open season about now isn't it? So you could put in the money now and plan the surgery within the year to save at least on taxes. We did that and it's so much work, but that was because we nickel and dimed everything - it wasn't one big shot. We'll likely not do as much this year, but I'm sure we'll get hit with a $6000 bill too - Murphy's Law!