Monday, September 29, 2008

Full-term!



Just a little humor to brighten your day. It's appears as though my belly is hitting Ella in the head. But there it is...my 37 week, full-term, baby belly. Labor won't be stopped at this point. I went to the doctor today while Ella spent some time over at my friend Alison and her husband Sean's house. Typical stuff...weight, blood pressure, baby's heart-beat, measurements...all good! Measuring at 34 weeks, but that isn't a concern anymore since we know the baby is a good size. I've gained roughly 22 pounds, which I think is less than with Ella. Maybe that means it will come off super quick! (I can always dream, can't I?) Last week I was dialated 1 cm, and that hasn't changed as of this week. More blood was taken to check my platelet count as usual. I go back in a week. I'm beginning to have a nice relationship with the valet parking employees! I'm sure they start to recognize all the pregnant ladies that come every week!

We've decided to send Ella to an in-home daycare provider starting tomorrow. Ella and I went over to "Miss Linda's" house this evening and played for a while, so Ella could get to know Linda a little bit and become familiar with the new environment. I think it will be a much better fit. We just didn't feel comfortable with the big daycare Ella attended all last week. Joe and I feel much better about this arrangement.

I steralized all the bottles and breast-pump parts today while Ella was taking a nap. I feel better now that that's done. You'd think I would be more on top of getting my bag packed, but I keep putting it off. One more week and I'd be okay with this baby coming. No sooner though.

All of my pregnant friends/family are doing well. Everyone is out of the hospital and pre-term labor has been stopped for now. Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

One more little note: my friend Christine, who has the cutest little boy named Danny, has become the queen of motherhood. She's knows so much and is so involved in playgroups and whatnot. Well anyways, I received a very thoughtful gift in the mail today. A baby sling! It comes with an instructional DVD...that frightens me a little bit. I hope I can follow the directions. It seems like it will be a lifesaver once the little man is here, since I will still need 2 hands to take care of a very active 2 year old! Thanks Christine!!!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

LOL Looks like Ella in playing the drums on mommy's tummy. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. One more week, you can make it! (Hear that, little man?)

I hope you like the sling. I don't have that specific one, but it got rave reviews, and people said it's very easy to use. I am certainly no "queen" of motherood -- just come over at naptime -- but I did have to learn how to wear my baby, it's the only way to keep him happy sometimes. :) Enjoy!!

Mom and Dad said...

Hi Al
Just wanted to wish you well with your up coming birth of baby Nathan. Only 14 or less days to go. Can you believe it? Ella will be a big sis!
Ella will love her new sitter. Give her time to get use to Miss Linda. Ella will like being with Nathan too at the same location. I hope you will be more relaxed with that.
I wish you all well...

With love
Dawn Puerling