Tuesday, September 16, 2008

35.5 weeks

I just wanted to update everyone briefly. Sorry no pictures this time...soon, I promise. The fatigue has set in, as well as being uncomfortable most of the time. 4-5 more weeks to go, and I know I can do it! I went to the doctor today and again my platelets dropped, this time to 91,000. As a reference, a normal platelet count is 150,000-450,000. No big worries or interventions unless they drop to under 50,000. I am also still measuring 3cm behind. At 35 weeks, I am measuring at 32 weeks, so the doctor decided to schedule another ultrasound in the next 1-2 weeks to double check the baby's growth and development. She made sure to tell me that she is not concerned. I actually saw another doctor in the practice today and she was very friendly, so I would have no problem if she ended up delivering the baby. There is one more doctor joining the practice on October 1st, so my appointment on October 6th will be with her. Then I will have met all the doctors. On an exciting note, I have made my last 4 appointments before my due date. I have to go weekly from now on, so my late appointment scheduled is Oct. 13th, 4 weeks from now. At that appointment, I'll have to make another appointment for the following week, but hopefully not! :)

My mom is still here helping out with Ella before she starts daycare. This is her last week at our house. My dad will be arriving this Thursday and staying until September 23rd, when he and my mom will drive home for a few weeks, before coming back when Nathan is born. My mom has been wonderful...cooking, cleaning, keeping me sane when Ella is testing my nerves (which is happening a lot lately.) I went to visit the daycare today and dropped off some items for next week. Everyone was very friendly and all the kids looked to be having a good time. I'm still a little anxious and I'm sure it will be an adjustment. Ella turns 2 years old in just under a week, which is unbelievable to me! I can't believe it's been 2 years since she was born.

I will update weekly, after my appointments and after my ultrasound. I'll take some pictures of the nursery, since I finally painted all the circles.

No comments: