Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm Due Next Month!

Now that it's September, I can officially say that I'm due next month. How exciting! The baby's room is almost complete...just a few more little details on the walls and it should be done. I bought some newborn diapers, since I figured Ella's size 4-5 diapers might be a little big on Nathan. My mother-in-law is painting wooden letters that will spell Nathan, just like she did with Ella. I have the perfect wall space for them. I'm feeling pretty good and got through the heat wave we experienced the past few days. This next week is supposed to be in the 60s and low 70s...much more comfortable. I am still sleeping very well and Joe hasn't been kicked out of bed yet, which happened near the end of my pregnancy with Ella. Work is getting a little harder, especially being on my feet most of the day. I just keep telling myself, "6.5 more weeks!" I can do it!

I was 33 weeks on Sunday and had an appointment today. I met with a different doctor since my usual doctor didn't have any openings this week. It was a good thing, since this doctor may be on call, depending on when I go into labor and deliver. As usual, my platelet count continues to drop. I had to get blood taken again to check the level. My platelet count is 99 and the doctor said they wouldn't start to really worry unless it dropped below 50. At the end of my first pregnancy, it had dropped to 92, and I didn't have any complications from it. Hopefully it will turn out the same this time. My blood pressure and weight were normal, and the little guy's heartbeat was strong, in the high 140s. The doctor was able to determine that he is head down (yea!) and his knees are what's getting me all the time on the right side!

My parents came to visit this past weekend (see the Snapfish link I sent) and we enjoyed avoiding the 105th Harley Davidson Anniversary Fest. I've never seen so many motorcycles in my life! (Except for maybe 5 years ago at the 100th Anniversary when Joe and I lived downtown.) Of course we now live less than a 1/4 mile from a Harley dealership. We could hear the bikes and live music from our backyard. Crazy! My mom is now staying with us for the next 3 weeks, until Ella turns 2 and can start in the 2 year old room at the new daycare. She is stringing more and more words together and says the funniest things. She has also learned how to peddle a bike which is the cutest thing to watch! I also went to my friend April's baby shower this past Sunday and had a blast. I LOVE seeing all the new baby "stuff" that is out now. You wouldn't believe all the new stuff that comes out in only 2 years! Speaking of baby stuff, last week I went to Babies R Us with my friend Stacey, who is due 2 weeks after me. I helped her add some essentials to her registry. I had so much fun...I think Stacey was overwhelmed. It's her first. I feel like a pro now! (That may change in a few weeks when I have TWO children.)

I'll update again in 2 weeks or so, unless something really exciting happens in our lives. My guess is that I'll update in 2 weeks or so. :)

1 comment:

April said...

Head down already!?! I'm jealous. I want this kid down too! He's completely transverse and seems to be comfortable there. Did Ella turn down this early? Did the doctor seem to think he'll stay there or start to move around again?
I am getting kicked in my right side ribs constantly! :) But I am also feeling alot of movement on the left side (near my kidneys)... that spot tickles :)
Next month Girl!!