Monday, April 12, 2010

Nate's Stats


Well, this little boy is 18 months old today! Doesn't he look handsome in his Easter outfit? We went in for his 18 month check-up today. He weighs 24 pounds, 12 ounces, which is the 30th percentile, length is 33 inches, which is the 70th percentile, and head circumference is 49cm, which is the 80-85th percentile. So basically, Nate is tall and skinny, with a big head. Nate's ear tubes are working. One of his ears started draining last night, and after the doctor looked in his ears, it was determined that the one side is infected. But this time, all we need to do is put in ear drops...no oral antibiotics. The doctor said Nathan is developmentally right on track, and ahead of the game in social development. He got one shot, cried for about 5 seconds, and was done. He had a little fever this evening from the vaccine, but went to bed just fine, and should be back to normal tomorrow.

Ella can't hear again. I'm hoping it's just the cold that is affecting her ears and that it will clear up on it's own. Otherwise, we're going to have to take her in and get her hearing tested again. Hey, at least since we're going to have to pay $6,000 out of pocket, our deductible will be met, so everything will be covered 100% after that! Hmmm...what else could we get done?

My prayers go out to my high school friend Jenn, who 12 years ago today, lost her mother, father, and sister in a horrible car accident. Thankfully, Jenn and my other friend Kelly survived. I am so grateful that they are in my life today.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank you so much Al for the kind words and thoughts. I feel so lucky and blessed to have such great friends like you that can help pick me up when I need it most. We barely ever see each other and only talk via computer... but I know you will always be there, and I love you for that!

Sunny said...

Way to go Nate, rocking his appointment! Glad the tubes are doing their job. :)

I'm sorry you had a rough time the other day. You are an AWESOME mom, don't you ever forget that. We all have those times when we lose our temper with our kiddos... we are only human! Our children will do fine to know we sometimes make mistakes.