Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ella Makes a Bad Decision

Our daycare provider suggested that I have Ella practice cutting paper at home since she was having trouble during projects. I went out and bought "safety" scissors...you know, the ones with the rounded edges...the ones that seem like they really wouldn't do any harm? Ella has been practicing and has been getting quite good at it. Since she doesn't really nap anymore, I have her play in her room for an hour each afternoon. Usually she looks at books, colors, and most recently, has been cutting paper. Looking back, I realize leaving a 3 year old in her room alone with a pair of scissors was not my best mommy moment. Bad mommy. When I went up to check on her, I discovered hair all over the floor. Big chunks. Apparently, Ella has decided to follow in her Auntie April's footsteps and become a hair stylist. Ella chopped her own hair this afternoon. When I asked her why, she responded, "Because I didn't want it long anymore." So we took a trip to Great Clips, an hour before they closed, and had a middle-aged man attempt to fix her hack job. Honestly, it doesn't look much better. We need to work on the hair style a bit. I was trying to grow out Ella's bangs, but I guess Ella wanted the whole front of her head to be bangs, because that's what it now looks like. At least we got our holiday photo taken at JCPenny's on Wednesday! Phew!


Doesn't she look proud, holding her cut off hair and scissors?


The outcome of Great Clips



6 comments:

Kate said...

The Great Clips haircut looks cute! My colleague's niece did this a few weeks ago too. All I can remember when I was little was cutting my Barbies' hair! :) Good thing you already did your holiday photos!

April said...

Oh my goodness, gracious! I can't believe it! LOL Actually, I can because I did it when I was little too. But mine was in the colick spot so I was like Alfalfa for months!

So honestly, are you a bit pissed? I only ask that from the stand point of struggling to grow OUT her bangs :) Major set back for that LOL! You can also decide to give her a bobb and that may even things out even more.

I want a daughter! And I can't wait :P

Anonymous said...

She looks pleased as punch with "her" do and the "great clips" one.

Jessica said...

I am the previous annonymous.

Sunny said...

A classic moment... I'm sure you'll be telling this story for years to come. :) What's the point of raising kids if you can't laugh about this kind of stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Having boys, they were always buzzed or short! I can't tell you how many little girls have cut their hair in our preschool classes. Actually, I remember one year one little girl cut another little girl's hair right at preschool. Bad teacher! Good thing it's only hair and it always grows back. What a funny story! Can't wait to see you next week. Love you, AA :-)