Friday, August 21, 2009

Commitment

Just in the past two days or so, I've made two major commitments. Starting September 13th, I will be teaching K5 Sunday School at our church. They were desperately looking for volunteers, so I felt it was something I could and should do. I hope I'm not wrong! Ella will be starting in the 3 year old Sunday School room, which I think she will enjoy.

The second commitment is something Joe and I will be doing together. We have decided to start the Slimfast diet plan starting this Monday. I will keep our progress updated on this blog, as it may prove to be something to keep us accountable! It really comes down making a life-style change. We need to eat healthier, not only for ourselves, but for our children also. We need to be role-models for our children, so they will make healthy choices as well. I'm glad that Joe and I decided to do this together. I think we will be good support for each other. Stay tuned...

We have our first "Newcomers Group" event this Saturday. It's called "Bon Appetit." It's basically a dinner party, held at a member's home, with a specific theme. The theme this month is Spanish Tapas. Every couple is responsible for bringing a side dish, while the host/hostess provide the main course and drinks. I'm looking forward to going, but I'm a little apprehensive as well. It's always hard meeting new people and making small talk. But, we have to start somewhere. Luckily, two of the couples go to our church, so that will make it a little less awkward. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I *love* the SlimFast diet, it's my favoritest ever! I can wait to go back on it when I'm ready, unfortunately it is not compatible with my current lifestyle of breastfeeding and/or gestating. I will say this about it though -- I don't know if I'd exactly classify it as a "healthy lifestyle change." That would probably be something more like Weight Watchers, where you actually learn how to eat properly. I like SlimFast because I'm lazy and I like eating chocolate bars for lunch. ;) It didn't work for my Dad, he was never satisfied with one serving (he had the shakes). So he would drink three of the shakes for lunch. Ummm, yeah, that defeats the purpose. LOL

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I can't imagine you being apprehensive about meeting people - you are so much fun and easy to talk too!

In regards to Sunday School, you guys will LOVE it (I am crossing my fingers and determined to make it fun for you:-)

Looking forward to seeing you Sat at the picnic!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

You will have to keep me posted on what you think of Slimfast. I have been slowly getting back into eating better and maybe having a shake for breakfast would be something I could try. Not sure if I could do it for both breakfast and lunch though! Good luck!