Friday, May 1, 2009

Rummage, Garage, or Yard?

Sale, that is. What do you call it? I call it a garage sale. Either way, I went to one with my sister-in-law, Liz, on Wednesday. Let me paint a picture of how we must have looked, traveling to the garage sale.

Me: Ella...Ella!!!.....ELLA!!!!! STOP! (She was flying down the street on her big wheel, not listening to me, as I'm running with the stroller, trying to catch her. Poor Nathan...he was taken for a ride!)

Anyways, somehow we made it, with 2 toddlers riding bikes and one 6 month old in a stroller. My awesome find of the day was this Dora doll house. Retails for nearly $50 new. I paid $7.00! Here's a picture of Ella with her new toy.


Speaking of Dora, her cousin Diego has a pretty neat show as well. I happen to enjoy the music very much, especially when "Rescue Pack" comes on. Click here and get your groove on.

Getting back to rummage/garage/yard sales, I must mention my love for consignment shops specializing in baby and children's items. On Thursday, I went to a HUGE consignment sale called, "Just Between Friends." My mother frequents similar sales called, "Mom to Mom" sales. I got all of this for roughly $25.00. Most of it still had the original tags on it.

My wrist hurts and I don't know why. I am "borrowing" a splint from work and trying to ice and stretch it, hoping I can just treat it myself...I'm a therapist for God's sake! However, it's getting worse and I think I'm going to have to see a doctor. My guess is that it's an over-use or repetitive motion injury, most likely from carrying Nathan's car seat and holding him in certain positions...probably from my manual breast pump as well.

Ella is doing so well with potty training. In fact, I do believe she is 95% trained during the day. She still wears a diaper at night and probably will for a while. Her behavior sticker chart is working...some days. We decided to try getting 3 stickers in a row, instead of 5. She did get 3 in a row, and got to pick out a prize at the Dollar Store. She picked a plastic baseball and bat. Some nights are better than others, and I think we just need to stick with it and be consistent.

Nathan is doing awesome with sleeping! As a matter of fact, he slept through the night last night. Lately, he'd been getting up consistently around 3:30am to eat, but last night he went to bed by 6:30 with no crying and woke up this morning around 7:00am. Needless to say, I was thrilled!

You may notice on the left hand side, a picture that says, "Praying for Stellan." This will link you to a blog I've been following. It's really an amazing story about this little boy, Nathan's age, but it's also a great blog in general. The woman is an excellent writer and very funny. Check it out!

Last but not least, I've made up my mind to get back on the work-out wagon. I've worked out every day this week, which was my goal, so I'm pretty proud of myself. My goal is to work out 5 out of 7 days a week. And I count pole/lap dancing as a workout. And I graduate from "Pole/Lap 1" next week. I think I've found my calling.

1 comment:

April said...

Great new look to the blog! I ordered your family photo from snapfish, going to replace the Christmas one. The kids grow up so fast, a photo from 4 months ago looks outdated!?!

Maybe you can tke Jax and I to one of your consignment sales... we could use it!