Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I was going to work out...

but decided instead to update my blog and drink a beer. Putting two screaming children to bed tonight just about put me over the edge. Anyways, I was trying to think about what's been going on since I last posted, and all I could come up with was:

1) My parents visit

2) My dentist appointment

3) Nathan's new tooth


Hmmm...which should I write about first?

My parents arrived last Thursday and were at our house when I got home from work. A nice meal was waiting for us, which is always a special treat! My mom makes the best "chicken pockets." (Well, actually my Grandma made the best chicken pockets, but my mom has taken over and does a super job!) Joe and I left the kids with my parents so we could sign A TON of papers for our mortgage that we refinanced. We got an awesome rate!

We were brave and decided to go out to dinner, kids included. We survived and actually had a really nice dinner. Nathan sat in a high chair, munching on Baby Mum-Mums and chilling with his new Podee Bottle. I just realized that the name sounds like "Potty Bottle." Oh well. If you live in the Milwaukee area, I highly recommend the Delafield Brew Haus. Good food, good beer, and nice and loud, so taking kids isn't a problem!

My mom made us wonderful meals, my dad helped with some yard work, and they both played hard with the kiddos. It had been a long stretch between our last visit and this one, and luckily, our next visit is in a few short weeks. At that time, I will attempt to drive 6 hours with two small children...by myself. Ahem.
The past two days have been just beautiful. Sunny and in the mid-80s. Love it! Ella, Nathan, and I went over to my sister-in-law's for a play date with she and cousin Henry. We walked/rode bikes/pushed strollers to a nice park. Nathan took a short nap, reclined in the stroller, with the warm breeze blowing on him. He looked so cute and so peaceful!


Since Joe had to work late (again) and my three babysitters were unavailable, Liz came over this evening with her two boys, to watch Ella and Nathan while I went to the dentist. I think I had a relatively new hygienist...she was way too gentle!


Speaking of teeth, Nathan has been teething like crazy, and has been cranky for the past few days. It looks like one of his top teeth will be pushing through any minute.


Ella has been sleeping horribly. She cries and tries to manipulate us when we say goodnight. The sticker chart isn't working, so if anyone has any advice, I'll take it. Please! Help me!


Some fun things I'll be posting about in the upcoming weeks:

1) Girl's Weekend in Appleton, WI (this coming weekend...eating, drinking, shopping with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law, and NO KIDS!)

2) Six Flag Great America on the 31st with our friends Kelly and Tom, from Indiana.

And of course, here are some pictures of my lovely children and company!




Oh yeah, one more thing...on my way to the dentist earlier this evening, I passed a church with this message on their sign:
"Got Weeds?
Let us Spray."
Seriously? Did they really put that on there? Wow.

No comments: