Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Day Ever!

Just had it. The best day ever. My wonderful and thoughtful husband presented me with an amazing Mother's Day gift yesterday. After making delicious waffles and sausage, Joe handed me a beautiful card. Inside was a piece of paper that read,

"You are cordially invited to Neroli Salon & Spa for a relaxing morning of pampering."
Yes! I read further down the page,

"You will receive the following:

Elemental Nature Facial: a tranquil, aromatic and customized approach to restore tone and balance to the skin. Your customized facial treatment includes essential oil aromas, deep cleansing, moisturizing of the skin, a purifying facial mask and massage techniques (approx. 50 min.)

Elemental Nature Massage: a personalized massage experience based upon the Aveda Elemental Nature philosophy and your favorite Aveda aromas. This full-body therapeutic massage will increase circulation, eliminate toxins and reduce stress ( approx 50 min.) "

And it got even better. Joe had previously arranged with our daycare provider to have the kids go an extra day this week, which meant I had the ENTIRE day to myself.

After helping Joe get the kids ready this morning, I went back to sleep for a couple hours, which was heaven in and of itself! When I arrived at the spa, I was offered coffee, tea, or water with lemon. I eagerly accepted a cup of coffee (which was excellent) and was then shown to the "changing suite" where I changed into a plush robe and sandals. Then I was taken to a dimly lit room with a fire place where a warm foot soak was awaiting me. I sat there, drinking my excellent cup of coffee, thinking to myself, even if this was all I did today, it would be perfect! But no! The best was yet to come! The descriptions of the facial and massage above say enough. They were amazing. After my 2 hours of pampering, I was given some water and asked if I wanted to take a steam shower. Um...OKAY! I'd like to purchase a steam shower. I've been fighting a cold the past few days and the steam really helped my congestion. I sadly left the spa and decided to eat lunch at a restaurant called "Loaf and Jug." I enjoyed a peaceful lunch all by myself. And then I did what any woman would do with extra free time...I went shopping! Now I am home, blogging for a few minutes, and then my day will get even better when I go and pick up my two beautiful children, whom without this day wouldn't have even happened! Now I have to think of a Father's Day gift to top this. It will be hard to do!

Ella and Nathan made me gifts at daycare.

The hand prints are Nathan's, stapled to pipe cleaner and stuck in a pretty vase. The flower pot has a picture of Ella on it and then she also painted it. I got tears in my eyes when Ella handed it to me and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy."

Ella said to me the other day, "I wish I had a motorcycle." I told her to ask her Daddy. So she did later that night when he got home. She doesn't forget a thing! It's almost scary.

My parents arrive this Thursday for a long weekend visit. I am looking forward to the extra help, and spending time with them, of course! :)

Here are some pictures from the past week or so, when the weather was sunny and warm.



1 comment:

Audreee said...

Good job, Joe!! That is a fantastic gift.