Tuesday, November 25, 2008

6 Weeks Ago...

This little man came into our lives. And what an amazing, difficult, crazy, chaotic, time! Immediately following Nathan's birth, I came down with a nasty cold which lasted a good 2 weeks. Not a good start. Then I had to deal with the epidural headache which lasted a few weeks as well. Last week, I get strep throat! I haven't been that sick in a long time. I had high fevers, getting up to 103.5, the worst chills, body aches, migraines, and a severe sore throat. I was prescribed Penicillin, which has finally done it's job and I am starting to finally feel better. Normally it takes 24-48 hours to feel better once starting the antibiotics...not for me though! Nope, my body decided to take a full 72 hours to start feeling better. I was beginning to doubt that I was ever going to get better. Joe has been taking very good care of me. Over the weekend, he took the kids over to his sister's house to play and then went to visit some friends, so I could sleep. And sleep I did. All day long, as much as I could. Sunday afternoon I was still feeling pretty bad and was wondering how I was going to take care of both Ella and Nathan on Monday. Joe's parents stepped in and offered to take Ella for a few days. I miss her so much but I know it was a smart move. I need to be 100% better so I can be on top of my game! I also realized that I can't let myself get so run-down. My immune system must be pretty weak right now. I have to take better care of myself and I plan on it. Ella will be back in 2 days, on Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see her. We've been talking on the phone nightly. (Which is always amusing!)

Nathan had his 6 week check-up today. 6 weeks ago, Nathan weighed 8 pounds and was 20 inches long. Today, he weighed 10 pounds, 2.5 ounces, and was 22 and 1/4 in. long. Head measured 39 cm. For weight, he is in the 25-50th percentile, length is 50-75th percentile, and head is 25-50th percentile. He had to get 3 shots! Poor guy...he wasn't happy. He's been sleeping pretty much ever since then, which worries me for what the night ahead will bring. I gave him a little Tylenol, so that should help with any discomfort. I almost started crying myself. That part doesn't get any easier with the 2nd baby. I almost had to laugh when the pediatrician asked, "So, when do you rest?" He was genuinely concerned and I appreciated that. Right after Nathan's appointment, we headed over to my OB for my 6 week post-partum check. Won't go into details, but everything is good with me as well. My platelet count went back to normal, I've lost all the weight I gained and then some, and was told I looked tired. Ha!

We are looking forward to seeing Joe's family for Thanksgiving this year. I am in charge of making 2 pies, which I enjoy doing every year. We are celebrating Joe's 29th birthday on his birthday, this Friday, with family. On Saturday I am going to a bridal shower, and then we have a family portrait being taken in the afternoon (possible Christmas card???). On Sunday, we are becoming official members of the church we have been attending since this past May, Community United Methodist Church, where Nathan will be baptized in January. We've asked our close friends, Brian and Jenny Lerch to be Nathan's Godparents, and they more than willingly accepted.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: