Friday, July 18, 2008

Orange Crush

There was a time when I absolutely loved Orange Crush, or really any orange soda. After completing the gestational diabetes screen yesterday, I don't think I'll be drinking any orange soda for a while. First of all, I had to go the outpatient part of the hospital and check in. After waiting for a few minutes, a nice lady brought over the small bottle of orange yumminess and poured it into a cup. I had 5 minutes to drink it. It was kinda flat, warm, and WAY too sweet. When I had finished chugging, I then had to wait an hour until my blood could be drawn. (All part of the testing process.) After reading my book, looking at a magazine, and watching Martha Stewart give tips about how to have a home and share it with pets, it was finally time for my blood to be drawn. For those of you who don't know, my veins are IMPOSSIBLE to find. The lab tech stuck me once in my arm without success. Surprise surprise. She tried my hand instead, which worked, although my blood was slowly creeping through the tube. We finally got enough, and that was it. I kinda felt sick after all that. Then I had to go out in the 90 degree heat. Luckily, our air conditioning has been working like a charm!

Tomorrow is our big boating adventure. The ferry departs at 12:30pm, and with the time change, arrives at 4:00pm. We then have a 2.5 hour drive back to Northville after that. It's gonna be a long day, but hopefully a little fun. I've packed tons of snacks for Ella and some little books that she's been reading lately.
The pictures are from this week, 26.5 weeks and counting. According to some books and websites, I am now in my third trimester...can you believe it??? I can't.

No comments: