Sunday, July 13, 2008

Expanding Bellies


Here is a picture of my friend April and I over the 4th of July weekend. April was 24 weeks and I was 25 weeks along. It's been really nice having someone almost exactly as pregnant as me to go through this with. Even thought April lives in Appleton, about an hour and 45 minutes away, we still e-mail almost daily, exchanging thoughts, fears, ideas...just about anything! We're both having boys, which makes it even more special!
I have started a few projects for Nathan's room. We bought the paint for the walls, which I will begin to tackle this week perhaps. I am going to try and make my own circle wall decals instead of stenciling...we'll see if it works. I am also painting a lampshade in polka-dots with complimentary colors, again, we'll see how it goes. I painted a square mirror in a lime green color as an accent for one wall.
We have begun to transition Ella's room as well. All of the red accents and been painted purple and the valances have been changed. We moved her old dresser into Nathan's room, and moved in my old dresser and we also moved out a hutch and moved in a toddler bed. We might try starting to take naps in the bed and go from there. I'm a little nervous about the whole process. Ella has also begun to get extremely attached to me, getting VERY upset if I leave her anywhere, like the church nursery this morning for example. I guess that's part of an almost 2 year old's behavior, but man, it's sure hard on me too!
Next weekend, Ella and I will be taking the high-speed ferry across Lake Michigan to visit "Gigi and Puppa." I sure hope this mode of transportation goes more smoothly the our last airplane ride!

No comments: