Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ella turns 5!








 5 years ago today, my first child was born.  5 years ago.  How is that possible?  I've been thinking a lot about the day Ella was born...don't worry, I won't get into her birth story this year.  But wow, do I remember the pure love I felt when I saw her for the first time.  It's hard to put into words the way I feel about my first born, other than what I just said about the first time I saw her...pure love. 

I so enjoy the time we can spend one-on-one together, and I think she's realizing how much better it is for her when Nathan isn't around. Haha!  Boy, do they get into it with each other!  She's starting to say to me, "I just want to spend some time with you."  It breaks my heart when I can't give her my full attention, especially when I can tell she needs it. 

Ella knows exactly how to push her brother's buttons, and she always has to get in the last word.  But she's also very protective of Nathan and tries to make him feel better when he cries.  Nathan usually screams at her and tries to bite her, but hey, at least she's making the effort! 

Ella started 4K two weeks ago and seems to be adjusting well.  She started swimming lessons this past Monday and can now go in the pool without a parent.  In fact, parents aren't even allowed in the pool area.   Ella also started piano lessons!  She was so excited to go to her first lesson last week, and so was I.  She's been playing the one song she learned, "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater," over and over and over...and she is SO PROUD.  I hope she really loves it and sticks with it...just like her momma!

I look at Ella sometimes and think, "Wow, that's my daughter."  My daughter.  I am one lucky woman.  I've been given this amazing opportunity to be a mother to this beautiful child.  I can only hope she knows and feels the amazing amounts of love I have for her.

Happy Birthday, my sweet Ella!






No comments: