Monday, January 18, 2010

30 and 6

I turned 30 on January 15th. I celebrated by coloring my hair to cover up the grey. I did. Seriously. My parents are in town searching for a house (which they found...more on that in a different post!) so my parents cooked me an excellent steak dinner. It was amazing! My parents bought me a pair of Keens, which I have wanted for a long time. Now I just have to wait until it is sandal weather. I DO NOT wear socks with sandals...nobody should. I just want to thank everyone who called me on my birthday or sent me a card. It was much appreciated. Yeah, e-mails and "Facebook" are nice, but the real deal is always better. I mean, even my bedridden friend, Christine, was on the ball and sent a birthday AND anniversary card. Impressive. I think we forget about "snail mail" and phone calls in the new age or texting and e-mail. Sometimes the old-fashioned way is the best way. I am very thankful for everyone who remembered and for the thoughfulness!

My parents were saints and stayed with the kids on Saturday through Sunday, so Joe and I could celebrate our 6th anniversary.


We went and saw "The Blind Side" and then went downtown and checked into "Aloft" hotel. This hotel just opened last month and was super trendy and modern.


It was also right across the street from the restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious dinner. I had lobster. Enough said. The view from our room was pretty neat...a perfect picture of downtown Milwaukee.


We ended the evening with a drink and dessert at another restaurant and then relaxed the rest of the night. It was a wonderful evening!

So, now I'm 30. I'm in my 30's. It sounds weird, but I think I'll get used to it. And Joe and I have been married 6 years. We got married when I was 24, had Ella was I was 26, had Nathan when I was 28...and the story continues.




3 comments:

Sunny said...

Hopefully this big age gap between us won't drive us apart -- I mean, with me still being in my 20s and all. For the next three weeks at least. ;)

Sounds like a great weekend, I'm glad you were able to celebrate in style!

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! (Based on your every-two-years pattern, something big should be happening when you're 30!)

Andrea said...

ooh la la! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend celebrating with your wonderful hubby! I'm so happy for you and Joe and your wonderful children and that I've been lucky enough to be yoru friend for the past 24 years.