Tuesday, May 27, 2008

19 Weeks...just about half-way there!

In less than one week, we will be able to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. June 2nd is quickly approaching and I am getting so excited! My ultrasound is at 8:00am and then my 20 week OB appointment is at 11:15am. I never got a call with abnormal results from the Quad Screen, and my doctor said, "No news is good news." So, our baby seems to be healthy! What a relief! As you can tell, I am rapidly expanding. Since I wear scrubs every day, it's really hard to tell that I'm pregnant, unless you know. But the minute I put on my "real" clothes, it's so obvious! The baby is really starting to move around. If I put my hand on the right spot, I can sometimes even feel it move on the outside. Joe has tried to feel it move, but it's stubborn and never cooperates. Soon enough though. I wanted to share my cravings this time around: anything that is bad for me (i.e. fast food, ice cream, candy, etc.), mustard, Fruit Loops, strawberries, grapefruit juice...that's all I can think of now. After that awful first trimester where I actually lost weight, I'm positive I've gained it all back, and then some. As of my last appointment, I hadn't gained any weight. According to my scale yesterday, I definitely have. At least I have my appetite back!



I picked a few pictures to post from the past few days. Yesterday, Memorial Day, was the nicest day so far this season. Sunny and low 80s. Joe, Ella, and myself went to a local parade. Ella was a little scared of the fire truck sirens, but got really excited when the airplanes flew over. Airplane, or "airpane" is a new favorite word. After her nap, we played on the sun porch, where she decided to pose like a super model, sitting on the window ledge. What a riot! Our friends, newlyweds, Brian and Jen came over for a BBQ. It was so nice to be able to sit on the patio and enjoy the weather. Ella had a blast playing in her new sandbox. Unfortunately, I think we bought the wrong kind of sand, as I am still trying to get the stains out of her clothes. Oh well...she loved it!



Today I had the day off since I worked this past weekend. We thought it would be fun to go to the zoo since Ella had never been there. Well, it was windy and about 45 degrees...not sure what happened there! It wasn't crowded...nobody wanted to be outside. Ella got really excited when she saw the monkeys and the giraffes. You can tell by the picture just how cold it was. We didn't stay too long this time, but I'm sure we'll be heading back this summer, when we can't see our breath.

I will post again on Monday, June 2nd, with the results of the BIG ULTRASOUND!!!

No comments: