Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I'm gonna be a BIG SISTER!"


Okay, so I'll be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. 2 weeks ago we told my parents. I made Ella a shirt that said, "I'm gonna be a BIG SISTER!" I asked my mom to take off Ella's sweatshirt since she was going to eat.

My mom said, "Why?" I

said, "I don't want her to get dirty." (Yeah right.)

My mom clearly was reading the print on Ella's shirt,

but apparently it didn't register. She later told me she thought the shirt was a hand-me-down!


Then my dad strapped her into the highchair, which covered up some of the writing, and said, "Oh, what does your shirt say? I'm gonna be a big girl?"

Um no.

I replied, "No, that's not what it says."

Then my mom says, "That's not what it says Joe!" They FINALLY got it! My mom then proceeded to either have Ella wear the shirt when anyone came over or show the shirt. The secret's out!

Last weekend, we told Joe's parents in a similar way. When we got to their house, Joe's mom began to change Ella's diaper. (Gotta love grandparents!) Joe told his mom to take off Ella's sweatshirt since it was hot in the house. So she did, and slowly read the writing on Ella's shirt:

"I'm gonna be a big sister.........you are?!?!?"

Joe's dad says, "Is she really?!?"

So now both sets of grandparents have found out they will be grandparents again.

No comments: