Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just a Little Scare



Here I am at 29 weeks. In a few days, I'll be 30 weeks. All I have to say is, "CRAZY!" I'll give some background now about the title of this blog. I went in for my 29 week appointment on Monday. The doctor now measures my belly while I'm laying on the table. In centimeters, it should roughly equal the amount of weeks. So, at 29 weeks, I should be measuring approximately 29 cm. Well, not the case. Just like last time, I measured small, at only 24 weeks. Just to make sure everything was going okay with the little man on the inside, I had to schedule an ultrasound for the next day. Joe and I went at 10:00am on Tuesday and guess what? The little guy is measuring just fine! In fact, his head is measuring a bit larger...super! :) The ultrasound tech plugged in all the measurements (head, belly, thigh bone, arm bone, etc) and all looked fine. He's in the 51st percentile, which she said was perfectly normal. The heartbeat was 154 beats per minute. It was neat to be able to see him moving around, almost 10 weeks later. Unfortunately, we didn't get many good pictures, since he was so active.

I have finished painting Nathan's room. I painted one wall at a time, and completed the 4th wall last night. Now I am planning on stenciling some different sized circles midway up/down the wall in accent colors. I'll be glad when it's all done. Our new carpet comes tomorrow for the family room and I am thrilled! I'll post some pictures once we have everything back into place.

I now start going to the doctor every 2 weeks, so my posts may be more frequent (depending on if I have the energy...which is lacking, to say the least.) Ella is doing well, she put 5 words together while we were driving in the car today...and it made sense! She continues to use her potty and prefers a purple skittle for her treat. We're running out of purple. This weekend may be transition time to "big girl bed." I'm a bit nervous to attempt that, but we have to sooner or later. (At least before October, so Nathan has a place to sleep!)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

You do look small compared to the whale that was me at 29 weeks... but my baby was almost 10 lbs, so that's probably a good thing. Glad to hear he is looking perfect -- of course he is. :)